Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Welcome Back Kevin!

I know there has been a lot of buzz about the San Antonio Spurs and Oklahoma City Thunder game at the Frank Erwin Center tonight.

For one, we don't have our own NBA team here in Austin so this game is an exciting change from our college games, especially since it is featuring a local favorite, the San Antonio Spurs. Also, and I think more importantly, Kevin Durant will be making his BIG return to Austin since leaving the Horns to embark on his NBA career. He started out with the Seattle Supersonics, and since then has come a little closer to home, playing with the newly franchised Oklahoma City Thunder.

Anyways, this is not a piece about Kevin or to get you to go to the game (all though you should because tickets are not expensive and it will be awesome!), but more of my own little blurb. I am kind of bummed because I work at the Erwin center in the marketing department, and part of my job is to work the events that we book. So when I heard about the game I was SUPER excited because I am a HUGE NBA fan. One of my saved tabs on my computer is NBA.com. I really wanted to be at the game tonight, to see Kevin and Tony Parker and Tim Duncan and Manu UP CLOSE ( I mean I have been to a Spurs game before when they played my home team the Houston Rockets) but never really close.

So have fun all of you that will be there. Give a shout out to Kevin for me. I will be in class, filling my head with lots of knowledge that is extremely important I will admit. You win some you loose some.Photo courtesy of pacejmiller.wordpress.com

No comments: